Sunday, March 13, 2011

Patcherkofel- Skiing Adventure!

11 March: 

Class and presentation went well. Went running along the river and even down right next to it for at least 1km. Pierre Paul and I have decided to run 21.1k (half marathon) in three weeks here in Innsbruck! Very cheap registration compared to states. 


Made a delicious dinner and hung out with everyone for hours at the table just talking. I surpassed my learning of three German words each day. I was making flashcards! Stefan from Bulgaria has been here for one year and is now very conversational in German. This is my goal. I will try my best! 

12 March:  

Going skiing on Patcherkofel today! Let's hope my 13 month old sprained ankle holds up and my bones are stronger than ever! Taking an extra calcium pill for sure. Great adventure to pursue! Pierre has extra equipment and I came prepared with ski goggle gloves and pants so it works out perfectly. He has a car as well so I'm saving money. Mom would be proud.  Sking for like 70% off! 

View from my room/Patcherkofel where we went skiing!

Getting used to the skis!

Lisa, Me, & Pierre
Having fun!
The top of Patcherkofel. Look at the other picture and you can see how high up we were!

View from the top
Pieree & I at the top! About to blow away!

We made our away down the mountain some more! After escaping icy trails and intense wind! 
Skiing the Austrian Alps!
Taking a break!
View from our stop!

Back at the bottom! Safe and sound!

Had a blast skiing!!! Thanks to Lisa thirty minute teaching lesson I was good to go for the rest of the day! It was just a matter of getting used to it again. 

Innsbruck will be hosting the 2012 Youth Olympics. Saw the stadium, ski jump, bobsled, etc.  They were hosting a championship bobsled even that night so we saw them setting it up. Later back at the apartment it was on TV. 

We laughed. We fell. We froze. We lost gloves. We ate snow. We nearly blew away. We stopped the Tbar on numerous occasions. Memories memories memories. 

Can't wait to go skiing again, will be much more comfortable! 


Had another party at our apartment. I just found out that our landlord supplies us with 3,000 € for the semester to use to host parties or buy whatever the entire apartment needs. Just another reasons why I love this place. 
Yolanda & I
Party
Lisa & I
Pow Wow- Singing songs!
Me, Nicole, Pierre
 13 March:  

Had a relaxing Sunday. Going out to dinner with Megan and Johanna.

Went to a restaurant up on the mountain. A good Sunday dinner. Had cheese dumplings which were very filling and delicious to say the least. Finished dinner with a heisse schokolade (hot chocolate).

Dinner table
My entree
Delicious
 Another week of class beginning tomorrow. I start my second class; Organizational Behavior. Professor is supposed to be excellent and my class starts in the afternoon for once! I just might ride my bike to class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment