Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mellow in the six zero two o.

Some hilarious moments here so far: 

"Guess it isn't so cold in Iceland."  

Nathan: “At the exact moment I was drunk enough to execute the plan......I want a refund!”

Running wok keeps the wok running hot! 

Stefan- “You gotta risk it to get the bisquick.” 

Johanna- after driving and hearing weird noises, we got out of the car and saw a big piece hanging under the front of the car. "Oh goodness!" 

14 March:  

Rode my bike to school. 

Had lunch in the sun. 

Class- Organizational Behavior. Will be very interesting. Professor is most fluent person I've ever met. Knows 7 languages. He was born in Belgium, lived in the US for 15 years and taught at the University of Michigan. He now lives in Japan.

Room 401. Great view.
 My night consisted of going to the supermarket and finishing homework.

Then ran a 10k with Pierre. Good intense training so far! My goal is to beat my old half marathon time! 

Then did laundry, played cards with everyone and made dinner. Studied a bit and fell asleep watching episodes of Modern Family. 

15 March: 

Woke up, had breakfast got ready for my day. Looked at my iPhone ap with the bus departures and the next one was leaving from my stop in two minutes. I sprinted downstairs, checked my mail (got my bank card!), and saw the bus at the stop I normally get on at. However it is the closest, you have to cross the street which can take time. I proceeded to SPRINT down the street to the next stop. As soon as I arrived the bus pulled up right beside me! Perfect!

Off to another day of class which I'm looking forward to as the professor is great. He's a hugeeee Michigan fan. Is Matt wearing an IL shirt today? Of course! 

Dear sixty-four degree weather and iced chai latte, 

You just made my day. 

Sincerely, 

Matt

Class is great. The Spanish and French in my group apparently think my voice is sexy and I sound like Sylvester Stallone. Hilarious! 

Learned that Mitsubishi means three diamonds in Japanese. 

Made a delicious chicken pasta with fresh veggies and got some much needed sleep. 

Chicken Pasta
16 march: 

Another day of class. Made a quick trip to the bank and now on the bus. Will go running after class and study for my final on Friday. Looking forward to another weekend! Lots of invites to do things: ski, hike, Italy, dance. We shall see what the weekend entails. Probably skiing! :) 

So in between class today I was getting a coffee and thought to myself, "I could definitely live here." Then it kind of hit me, I do live here. 

I love that having a car here isn't very necessary. Living in Orlando without a car is nearly impossible. 


Inn River
 In class today, I found out my strongest motivator is travel.\

After class, I ran a quick 5k, and then had a birthday dinner for Stefan with 8 others on our floor! Shared funny stories and ended it with a delicious cake. Come tomorrow I will have already been out of the states for 3 weeks, how is that possible? Time is going by too quickly already! 

Random blog post with comments I've written down the past few days. Guten Nacht.

No comments:

Post a Comment