Thursday, March 31, 2011

I'm leaning towards...

28 March: 
Just an hour train ride and we will be there! Plan on spending part of the day here and returning to Florence for our last night of our Italian adventure!


Went up to the top of The Tower of Pisa. Great views. 



At the top
Ahh! It started leaning more! I nearly fell over!

Acted like a tourist for the day in Pisa. 
Still leaning!
So glad I prevented it from falling over!
Seeing the Tower of Pisa was great. Really is amazing that it was built in 1173, that just blows my mind. Walking to the top of such an old tower was very unique as well. So glad I get the opportunity to experience such famous places in the world. 

A lot was closed as it was Monday. Found a delicious little cafe and walked through town. 
River in Pisa

Fairly small city, nice to visit, don't need more than a day there.

Back to Florence. Walked a bit and fel like relaxing in a piazza. Sat there for well over an hour people watching and listening to a guy play his guitar. 

Statue of David



Had another very very good Italian dinner at an authentic place outside of the touristy area. Glass of vine. Olive oil and bread. Chicken, creamy deliciousness white sauce and asparagus.

Then went back to the same piazza and another guy was playing acoustic guitar, playing great songs. We got gelato and listened to him play for quite some time. 


He is English and had been playing in Florence for 13 years.His name is Ken Mercer, I ended up buying his CD; Moon Shadow

Walked back to our hotel after a nice relaxing evening for our last night in Florence.

29 March:
Woke up, actually had breakfast at the hotel for once. Walked to the train station and took our train back to IBK.

Overall had a blast in Italy. Loved t so much. However, I don't know if I can imagine myself living there. The food is great, obviously. As of now, I prefer Innsbruck. Suits me better. Outdoorsy, mountains, clean, etc.

Oh and PS, I went to three major famous cities in Italy. Guess how many Starbucks I found. Zero!! It's been over a month now, withdrawal period. :)

Unpacking and having a relaxing night in IBK. Excursion for my alpine tourism class to St. Anton tomorrow. One of the most famous and expensive ski resorts in the Alps.

2 comments: