Sunday, March 6, 2011

"I stay here so you have a German leader"


4 March: 

It's already March? Well it has been for a few days, but I can't believe that! Got quality sleep last night, feel very energized today! 

Meeting Nathan to hopefully buy a bike! 

It's a law that you must recycle here in Austria. How awesome is that? And it's extremely dog friendly, they can go in stores with you and everything. Kona would love it too. Tempting Kat?

Met Nathan and went to two bike shops. Ended up buying a used bike for 55 euro! Bikes must have front and back lights and a bell (KAT!). Mine had all of that so that was good that I didn’t have to buy anthing extra. My bike also has a basket on the back! HILARIOUS! Johanna and I are going to PIMP my bike and spray paint it silver I think! There is bike storage under our building which is a locked room and we can hang our bikes up there which is nice. 

You like my ride?
 Nathan and I had lunch together, bought a lock for my bike and I made my way home. Rode on the street, the sidewalk, and the bike path. Depends where you are. When on the road you have the same laws as a car. Also you can get a PUI (Pedaling Under the Influence)! Made dinner at home and then met Nathan and Johanna downtown to have drinks at Zappas which we stayed there until well after midnight. 

Best MCI buddy EVER!
Ended up going to a club after and danced the night away! Had a blassssttt!! Closed down the club and got the second to last bus home at 3:38 a.m. Saw other students who live in my dorm on the same bus so we talked on the way home, then came back to the apartment and hung out for awhile. Learned some more German. Finally went to bed at 5 am! 

Dancing like no other.

 Innsbruck Bars:

Monday- Weekender or Statt cafe

Tuesday- Hofgarden 

Wednesday-Blue Chip

Thursday-Plan b

Friday- everywhere

Saturday-everywhere

Sunday- Cafe Central


5 March:

Woke up at noon (not so bad considering I had a late night!) After some bread and nutella I decided to explore my area of town more...while running! Did I wear shorts and a tshirt in 50 degree weather? Ja.. Did I run to a village called Rum? Ja! Did I run 10k? Ja. Did I find an awesome lake? Ja! Did I find awesome trails to run on? Ja! Impressed once again! Guess today was my official start of my marathon training! Eeek!!  Hoping to find a marathon in June or July in some country near here! 

Then had a huge party at my apartment building. Extremely fun. Met many more international students and had a great time dancing again. The music here is just hilarious. Look up Barbara Streisand- Duck Sauce. They play it all the time. 

6 March:

Slept til two. Slow start, very slow start actually. Met Clement from France downtown for a late lunch. Then went to Cafe Central with and just chilled for a few hours. Another great café. Old man was drinking beer and playing a piano. Many were just there relaxing reading newspapers. Others were having dinner with friends and family. Great atmosphere. Definitely potential studying location. Learned more German and talked about traveling, etc. A great Sunday! 

Machiatto

Took the bus home, still managing to not pay for a single ride! Will most likely buy a bus pass tomorrow as they aren't that expensive and this pass also includes tram rides up the mountain!

Bus Map I'm working on memorizing!

Bus stop

 First day of class tomorrow. Austrian Culture and Society. 

Gute Nacht. 



No comments:

Post a Comment