Thursday, June 16, 2011

Couchsurfers, Finals, & Celebrations!


June 4:
Met Chad at the train station, right off the  bat I knew he was going to be amazing. Lisa, he, and I went back to our place and then the fun began! We decided to make a giant Asian stir fry which was great! Then the drinking began… drinking games in preparation for going to our friend Jenna’s going away party! Our drinking games required a lot of random dancing and doing hilarious things and many many many laughs. Went to Hofgarden eventually where we saw a million people we knew and then danced the night away.
Waiting for the bus

Chad & I

He does this on all forms of public transportation

Getting a workout!
Random skier out on the town!

At Hofgarden

Azra & I

Jenna, Lisa, and I
Group photo!

Being cool because we are

Sad faces because our time in IBK is limited

The Gang- we failed to come up with a good name for all of us!

Sums up the night! DANCING!

All the Erasmus students look awesome! Then look at Chad! 

June 5:
HIKING DAY! Despite a crazy night, we managed to wake up at 10 am and after breakfast and a bike ride to the city to buy lunch and snacks, we began our ambitious hiking day. We went all the way up to Segrube again, had our lunch there. Talked obviously the entire way and got to know each other pretty well. An amazing person without a doubt. Very glad to have met him! Then took the cable car up to the next part which was far too steep to have hiked. A bit colder and windy then we expected but this would not divert us from accomplishing our mission. The top! After taking numerous photos at the top, we just hung out and tried to take in how amazing and lucky we were to be in such a beautiful place. We saw goats and sheeps all the way up on the mountain!! Ready to hear the best part of my day? Being at the top of mountain? Well yes, partyly. We kept seeing this Drone looking gilding type plane which would continually fly over. Eventually it got quite close to the peak where we could see the pilot and passenger inside. Guess what happened? They initiated a wave to us and we then waved back!!! AMAZINGGG! Have you ever been on top of a mountain, where a plane flies right over head and the people inside initiate a wave to you? Didn’t think so!! It’s the small things in life that make me the happiest. We also met a nice family from Atlanta who was visiting Innsbruck and on the cable car down to the other top part, we met two older ladies from Australia who were traveling for 14 weeks throughout Europe!!! We then made our hike back down the mountain and managed to get Chad on the tram without paying even after talking to the person in charge! Rode our bikes back to the apartment after an exhausting funfilled day.
Most delicious fresh cold mountain water ever!

Haha!

Looking down over IBK

Our goal in site!

Amazing views

Good old IBK!

Loving life!

Looking down

The plane!!! They waved to us!!!

We did it!

Trying to take in all the beauty

My favorite city!

Snow on the top!

Couchsurfing!

Oh yeah!

Views never end

Look at the mountain goats!! Chad went to great lengths to get this picture!

Swinging in a giant pasta strainer


June 6:
Class all day. Met Lisa and Chad in town and Megan and I had lunch with all of them. Our favorite little pita restaurant! Ate outside on Maria Theresean Strasse, had gelato for the first time in Innsbruck and headed back to class to take more quizzes! Went back to my apartment after class, looked at all our crazy photos so far and then went geocaching for my first time in Innsbruck! They LOVED it!! Bought some supplies for dinner at the supermarket and then hung out all night and had a crazy dance party in the dining room! They all went into town as they don’t have class early in the morning. I’m being responsible for my last class of my bachelors as I have to read 6 articles and more quizzes tomorrow for International Marketing. Bottom line, I love my friends here, a lot.

“Couchsuring is sharing experiences with best friends you’ve never met.”
Probably dancing in my room

June 7:
Class all day, meeting Nathan, Keri, and Chad for lunch again! Had a little picnic in the park. Great, I tell you, it’s the small things in life that are the best. Made dinner, Azra, Lisa, and Chad and I chilled and just talked for a long time. Realized we almost missed the last bus into town, went to 6020, met friends and then ended the night at Hofgarden. 
The bus driver in German: "Please do not practice your gymnastics."
Great friends

6020

Silly faces!
June 8:
Class all day. Met Chad in town and at lunch at Kravhogel then got some delicious chocolate croissants and headed back to class. Then Lisa, he and I went to accomplish a goal of ours; seeing the ski jump from the 1976 Olympics, Bergisel! Was pretty impressive. Can’t imagine jumping off of that and looking down on Innsbruck! 
My great form



The jump!

Clouds right next to us!



Overlooking the city


Looking down

This makes me nervous just looking at it!

Olympics

Very cool!
My buddy!

Getting attacked by the giant bird!
Went back home, made dinner and then went into town for karaoke night at La Copa! Lisa, Chad and Caroline were quite the singers I hear! I left early as I had class in the morning. Heard lots of stories though!

June 10: 
My last day of my undergraduate college career!! Took two finals and before I knew it, it was over just like that. How in the world does life go by so quickly? 
Last day of class!

Lisa and I constructed a good quality graduation cap! Went to a celebratory dinner with friends which was great. 
Caroline, Meg, Lisa and I at Orangerie

My delicious dinner

I LOVE CLEAR UMBRELLAS!

Then went to hang out with Keri before picking up my couchsurfer at the airport! 
Amazing!

Great view

Signing!!

Just hanging out... the window
As always, knew right away it would be a good time. Dropped off his stuff at the train station and began a mini bar crawl. Most of the evening was spent at Hofgarden where surprise surprise I saw a lot of people I knew. Danced my heart out. High on life. Great music, Great friends, Great city. Finished with my degree. Definitely had to celebrate! And let me just say the graduation cap was nothing less than a success. Despite dancing for hour and hours and sweating, it is still in one piece and all my favorite people here in IBK signed in. Great souveneir!
Haha!
At La Copa!

Great photo Ally!
Jenna and I

and again!
At Hofgarden!

Sums up the night. Me dancing ALL night.. on a speaker. High on life!
Keri and I

Dancing on the speakers!

Lara and I
Jumping jumping jumping!

My couchsurfer and I holding Olga!
Group photo!

Silly faces

Good one!
Great night!

June 11:
Pretty much slept the entire day. Been so busy and not much sleep lately that it was the perfect thing to do.

June 12:
Up and ready to go after lots of sleep! Going to church now and my couchsurfer is jumping off a 192m bridge; bungee jumping today!Church was interesting, very international which was great! I definitely had to get the translation. We sang a lot of songs, most in German, but I could recognize quite a few. Then on some songs we would sing one verse in German, the next in English, it was great! Met a lot of really nice people there after the service when we had cake and coffee and just socialized with everyone.

June 14: 
Finally went rock climbing with my friends from South Tyrol! We had planned it for awhile and finally the weather cooperated with us! I was quite excited/nervous before! I've been rock climbing before in gyms with specific courses and you follow the specific colors... In case you didn't know, real rock climbing is not that easy!!
Probably says climb at your own risk

People already climbing
Here goes nothing!
 
All ready to go!
  
Safety first!

Horrible photo, but funnny
 
There I go!
Doing pretty well!

Ahh!

Up and up and up
Made it to the top!!!
Repelling down!
FUN!

Michael being an amazing climber that he is!
Haha! What am I doing? Trying to go inside the rock?
Taking a break

Made it to the next section...

Insanely difficult!!

Trying to find grips that didn't seem to exist!
Quite the workout to say the least. Had a lot of fun! Quite sore immediately after and only one scrape on my knee and a bruise! Looking forward to doing it again sometime! 


Tomorrow flying out of Innsbruck straight to Amsterdam to begin yet another trip. 10 days of Couchsurfing in Amsterdam, Brussels, and wherever else I might end up!

No comments:

Post a Comment