Sunday, July 3, 2011

Final Week in Innsbruck: Planking, Going Away Parties, Packing up.

None of this seems real. I returned from Belgium and Netherlands and then it all began; the last week in Innsbruck. The entire week consisted of nothing but being surrounded by great friends and far far too many see you laters. Each day someone else would leave. Honestly about 90% of my friends have all left Innsbruck now. Other 10% just live in Innsbruck! It already feels so different. Guess it makes leaving Innsbruck a little bit easier, but still not something I want to do. Since time is limited, I keep thinking about that fact and get sad. It's been the best time of my entire life and it's time for a new chapter. But rather than getting all sentimental, check out all of these photos and videos of us having many "see you later" parties.  
 
Good news though: I have nominated Lisa as class president here and she's in charge our our two year reunion!!! How great would it be to see everyone again and relive the best time of our lives!?? I'm class DJ and I think we nominated others too! Haha!






Drinks with friends
Elevator Party





Reverse Planking


Waiting on the bus

Riding the bike

Lisa's first plank

Twins?
Being silly on the bus

Bus Planking

Being crazy
Good group photo

Amazing
Dance floor of Stadt Cafe!
Trying to pop a balloon!

Hilarious!
Popped balloon
Dance floor planking
What we do best
Olympics?

More and more

PLANKING FAILURE! Bad idea Lisa!
Cafe Planking
Good friends!

Walking on our hands
Love it
Riding bikes through the city as always

Swinging!
In the castle

Slide fail!

Next day went to Baggersee on Sunday!
Gorgeous
Breathtaking
Group photo

One of my favorites
 
Volleyball team!
What are we doing?

Practicing a bit
Volleyball Planking
Island Planking
Baggersee, Innsbruck
Jumping into the water
Being weird
 
Diving into the lake
Underwater!

I also spent part of the week packing up my entire life here- two GIANT bags that I took to Munich one night because I obviously was not going to carry them around on my last few trips, but my final trip flies into Munich so I wasn't going to make a trip back to Innsbruck for one hour just to grab my bags.
My little travel project

Decorated Akademikerhilfe 4th floor dining room!

Bags packed ready to go to Munich

On Monday Lisa left for a trip through Italy with her sister. We took her to the train station, gave her gifts, made her cry and saw the train roll down the tracks. Extremely sad. Seeing great friends say goodbye to each other. Thankfully I will see her next week in Croatia, but it was still sad! 
Lisa's last day in IBK
Goodbye gifts

That evening there was an MCI/Sovi BBQ for the end of the year. Had a great time and saw too many people I knew! 
Schutzenstrasse
Sovi/MCI BBQ
Olga, Azra, and I

Signing MCI yearbook


Enjoying the BBQ with friends
Amazing
More photos
Supported Plank
Pouring wine into Ally's drink
"Azra... HOW ARE YOU!?" Wine glass break
Sarajevo

Woo!
And again

Art Planking
Landesmuseum Planking
Had a fun time in Munich though. Made smoothies, went to a festival, and then honestly it was time for me to leave! I was there for like 18 hours. 
Munich

Sunbathing by the river
Being silly

 Starbucks!
Homemade Smoothies!
Undergound Planking
Also met about 8 people on the Undergound in Munich.. guess where they were from!? ORLANDO FL! I knew they were American so I asked where they were from, and then they said Orlando Florida... it took me like two seconds to comprehend and react to it! I was so excited!! A couple lived in Lake Nona, just one exit down on 417 where I lived!
Olympia World

Festival

Where we had dinner
Enjoying the view
Taking photos

M for Matt or Munich?
Sunset

Festival at night


About to take the train back to Austria

Back to Innsbruck for more going away parties. 
Group Photo
Azra

Saying see you laters

On the phone?

Dancing

Tattoos?
I like this photo
What?
Being crazy


Katrina from UCF back visiting IBK!

La Copa Planking
I finally did it; after months in IBK I sang karaoke!

Belting out Graduation by Vitamin C

Singing at the top of my lungs

UCF!

Silly guy in the back

What an outfit!
More  pictures!

Framed plank

So much going on in this photo
Taxi ride?

Having a blast!
Dropping off Jonas at 4:30 a.m at the train station

See you later buddy!
Train Plank

Well, we got him on the train!


And another night.. Keri's last night in Innsbruck, so the original four of us met up for a drink. 
Amazing friends

The next night I dropped off more things at Nathan's place. Said goodbye to Florian Fahrad, my lovely bike!

Thanks for everything Flo!
 Then we decided to grab dinner together at a Thai restaurant and then went to a cafe in old town to have cake and coffe.
Delicious
 My last day in Innsbruck. Woke up and had breakfast with Nathan at a cafe. 
Banana cake and caffe latte!

Illinois or Austria?!?

Tram in the middle of nowhere!

Knee high by the fourth of July!
Countryside

Down the tracks

Then we decided we wanted to go see a lake in the mountains... check out this video to see what happened. 


WHAT?!

Amazing!
So great!


Ziplining!

AMERICA!

Playing American football!

The lake!




Great last views of Innsbruck

In a different time and place
Staying at Nathan's tonight and tomorrow morning I leave out of Innsbruck early in the morning.. Have one last big trip planned before heading back to USA. Fortunately I get to see a lot of my Innsbruck friends again. Nearly eight of us will be meeting in Croatia for some great times to be had on the beach! On Sunday I take the train to Slovenia, meet up with about four friends there, spend the night, then road trip down to Pag, Croatia where Lisa and here sister will be flying from Rome to meet us as well! We are all staying on Lara's boat which will be a blast. Be there for about 3-4 nights, then head down to Split for another night or two and depart most of the group. Ally and I are heading to Bosnia and Herzegovina to meet up with Azra and spend a few nights there as well! Then from there, on July 13th we fly to Istanbul Turkey and spend six days there. Then it's back to Munich for one final night and up early for the final flight. 
 
So many people are going to ask me, what is your favorite place you visited. Might be biased, but honestly it’s Innsbruck Austria. Being there the longest time I got to know the city very well, made GREAT friends, and honestly the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. 

I can NOT wait to go back and visit Innsbruck in the future. Without a doubt I will be back. I also can’t wait to meet up with all the friends I have made while being here. With all the traveling I hope to do, I’m sure I will run into someone somewhere!
  
Ich werde dich vermissen, Österreich 

3 comments:

  1. haha, so much fun :) obviously you are having a great time :)
    looking forward to see you tomorrow in Munich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've been reading your blog, and I am in complete love with the idea of doing the Study Abroad program in Innsbruck now! Your blog is so insightful and it made me want to go really bad haha! I am going to apply once they open up applications. Could you contact me sometime? I'd like to know how your application process went etc. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you are enjoying it! I love hearing from other people! I actually just made a video promoting MCI which will be on their website soon! I'd be happy to contact you. Send me an email at mhendrix11@hotmail.com. Always happy to help others who want to go abroad!

      Delete